Tuesday, March 22, 2011

FashionTALK by He...Advice from a Dating Expert!

    Meredith from Fifty First (J)dates, is stopping by to help out with some "What to Wear" on a First Date tips. Give it a read and let He know if Meredith tips are good or if He should step in and set the ArmHe straight on first date rules. Here we go:

    The hardest part about going out on dates with the boys I have been conversing with is figuring out what to wear, duh. All I want is a rotating closet like Cher Horowitz. On several occassions I have considered asking where Charlie my dry cleaner buys his machinery but lets be real, that's a bit much. Maybe some day when I am a famous writer and simultaneously buy dry cleaning clothing conveyor belts. You bring me a red-wine stained top, I pump out a few choice amusing lines and everyone wins.

    I guess it's all sorta the same to boys (I mean a burka is different from a bikini) but no boy is going to know that you're wearing JBrands and a great Madison Marcus top versus a Phillip Lim dress. I decided I needed some form of armor for my amorous adventures in alliteration. Skirts: can be slutty, especially because I like to wear short ones. Dresses can look like you tried too hard.

    What about heels?

    Now, I decided, against probably my better judgment and what my peers/advisers/friends would say, to wear heels. If you know me well, you know I like extremely high shoes. The higher the better. Basically, small heels are for wussies. And I am not a wuss. Heels are my must have on my dates. I know i know, they can be intimidating, I'm already 5'7 (and towering over half the Jewish male population as is) but if the guy can't handle it, then he can't handle me. So I decided that since I was going to wear heels on my first dates, I should probably wear pants. I chose jeans (which i hate, but i chose basically jeggings, which are a crazed invention that has been cooked up in my absence from the northern hemisphere, along with justin bieber) and a cute three quarter length white top. Innocuous, cute, elegant, doesn't scream I take my clothes off for anyone who wears a yarmulke. I wore this top on my first 3 dates, and then I spilled tomato sauce on it.

    Read more of Meredith at Fifty First (J)dates.

    P.S. Don't forget to RSVP for the Fashion by He Party, HE Party. Invite some friends too.

    Source URL: http://hayleyatwellstuff.blogspot.com/2011/03/fashiontalk-by-headvice-from-dating.html
    Visit hayley atwell for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive